Sustainable University Day 2016
April 21, 2016 | University of Lausanne
Knowledge of limits and limitations of knowledge
Reconciling earth' life-sustaining capacity with our lifestyles
Photo: Université de Lausanne
More than 40 years after the publication of the report "The Limits to Growth" sponsored by the Club of Rome, the need to reconcile our lifestyles with the finiteness of earth' life-sustaining capacity is more urgent than ever. Scientific work on these limits is still poorly linked to the expectations of society. Respective knowledge ist thus hardly integrated into societal decision making.
Against this background, the Sustainable University Day 2016 addressed the contribution of the academic world to identifying and becoming aware of those limits. It discussed - in this context - how universities can support our transition to more sustainable lifestyles.
- Have a look at the programme
- Watch Jørgen Randers' presentation and download the slides
- Watch the video featuring the workshop highlights and browse through the workshops
- Watch the video of the panel discussion and learn more about its participants
- Study the campus activites
Download event flyer (pdf)
Organised with the University of Lausanne